Boron nitride is a crystal made up of nitrogen atoms and also boron atoms. The crystal structure is separated into hexagonal boron nitride (HBN), closely stuffed hexagonal boron nitride (WBN) as well as cubic boron nitride.
The crystal framework of hexagonal boron nitride has a similar graphite layered framework, showing a loose, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light and also other buildings of white powder, so it is likewise called "white graphite". Academic thickness 2.27 g/cm3, specific gravity: 2.43, Mohr solidity = 2.
Hexagonal boron nitride has good electrical insulation, thermal conductivity, chemical security, no obvious melting point, 3000 ℃ in 0.1 MPA nitrogen, warmth resistance to 2000 ℃ in neutral decrease atmosphere, 2800 ℃ in nitrogen and also argon, bad security in oxygen ambience, and temperature level listed below 1000 ℃. The development coefficient of hexagonal boron nitride is equivalent to that of quartz, but its thermal conductivity is 10 times that of quartz.
Hexagonal boron nitride does not dissolve cold water. When the water is boiled, it hydrolyses really gradually and generates a small amount of boric acid and also ammonia, which does not respond with weak acid as well as solid base at room temperature level. It is somewhat soluble in hot acid and can only be decayed with liquified sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide.
Boron Nitride Characteristics
1. High warm resistance: sublimation at 3000 ℃, its stamina at 1800 ℃ is twice that at room temperature level, air-cooled at 1500 ℃ to room temperature for loads of times, as well as does not soften at 2800 ℃ in inert gas.
2. High thermal conductivity: the hot-pressed items coincide as pure iron, and also 33W/M. K has the highest thermal conductivity amongst ceramic products over 530C.
3, low thermal expansion coefficient: the development coefficient of 2 × & times; 10-6 is 2nd just to quartz glass, which is the tiniest in porcelains, combined with its high thermal conductivity, so the thermal shock resistance is very good.
4. Excellent electrical residential or commercial properties: excellent insulation at heat, 1014 Ω& Omega;- centimeters,2000 at 25 ℃ as well as 103 Ω& Omega;- cm at 25 ℃. It is the most effective heat shielding material in ceramics, with failure voltage 3KV/MV, low dielectric loss 108HZ 2.5 × & times; 10-4, dielectric continuous 4, transparent to microwave and also infrared.
5. Excellent deterioration resistance: it does not respond with basic metals (iron, copper, light weight aluminum, lead, etc), rare planet steels, rare-earth elements, semiconductor products (germanium, silicon, potassium arsenide), glass, liquified salts (crystal, fluoride, slag), not natural acid as well as antacid.
6. Reduced friction coefficient: U is 0.16, does not raise at heat, is a lot more immune to high temperature than molybdenum disulfide and graphite, oxidation environment can be used up to 900C, vacuum cleaner can be made use of at 2000 ℃.
7. High pureness great B is high: its impurity content is less than 10PPM, however B material is greater than 43.6%.
8. Machinability: its hardness is Morse 2, so it can be processed into get rid of high precision by general machining techniques.
What is hexagonal boron nitride made use of in?
Hexagonal boron nitride can be used in the manufacture of TiB2/BN composite porcelains, advanced refractories as well as superhard products, separation rings of straight continuous rolling steel, high temperature resistant lubricating substances and high temperature layers, along with raw materials for the synthesis of cubic boron nitride.
1. Boron nitride is a mold and mildew launch representative for metal forming and also a lubricant for steel cable illustration.
2. Special electrolysis and resistance products of boron nitride at high temperature.
3. Boron nitride appropriates for high temperature solid lubricants, extrusion antiwear ingredients, ceramic composite ingredients, refractories and also antioxidant ingredients, especially for liquified metal Faustian occasions, warm enhancement additives and also heat immune insulation products.
4. Boron nitride appropriates for heat-sealed desiccant of transistor as well as additive of polymer such as plastic resin.
5. Boron nitride products pressed right into numerous shapes can be made use of as heat, high stress, insulation and heat dissipation elements.
6. Boron nitride is a thermal securing product in aerospace.
7. With the participation of driver, cubic boron nitride can be changed into cubic boron nitride as difficult as diamond by high temperature and also high stress therapy.
8. Boron nitride is the structural material of atomic activator.
9. Boron nitride appropriates for the nozzles of aircraft as well as rocket engines.
10. Boron nitride is an insulator of high voltage, high frequency electricity and also plasma arc.
11. Boron nitride is a packaging product to avoid neutron radiation.
12. The superhard product made from boron nitride can be made into high-speed cutting devices and drills for geological expedition and oil drilling.
13. Boron nitride is utilized in metallurgy for splitting up ring of continual casting steel, flow groove of amorphous iron, demoulding agent of continuous casting light weight aluminum (different optical glass removing representatives).
14. Boron nitride is an evaporator for all sort of capacitor movie plating, photo tube plating, show plating.
15. Boron nitride is suitable for all kinds of fresh-keeping aluminized bags and more.
16. Boron nitride is a selection of laser anti-counterfeiting aluminum plating, trademark gilding products, all kinds of cigarette tags, beer tags, product packaging boxes, cigarette boxes.
17. Boron nitride is suitable for cosmetics. Can be used for lipstick fillers, non-toxic and lubricating, however likewise glossy.
Boron Nitride Cost
The price is influenced by many elements including the supply as well as demand out there, market fads, financial activity, market belief, and also unanticipated occasions.
If you are looking for the current Boron Nitride powder cost, you can send us your inquiry for a quote. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boron Nitride Supplier
Modern Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted BN maker and BN supplier with over 12-year-experience. We ship our products all over the world.
If you are seeking high-grade Boron Nitride powder, please feel free to call us and also send a query. (email@example.com)